Copperloy Yard Ramps
Posted On March 4, 2019
Yard Ramp Design Intent
The quality of equipment has a significant effect on the efficiency and success of freight-loading operations. Above all else, yard ramps and other warehouse equipment should be safe and functional. If these two, simple characteristics aren’t met, the productivity of a facility is likely to decrease as a result. Yard ramps, specifically, are a critical aspect of any facility’s equipment. The average yard ramp undergoes high levels of pressure during the workday. Forklifts travel up and down these yard ramps to loading docks and trucks, maintaining virtually constant activity; thus, yard ramps must exhibit characteristics, which allow them to withstand this workload.
Copperloy designs yard ramps that provide the most durability in the industry. During their sixty years in the industry, Copperloy has been consistently enhancing its yard ramp designs. Furthermore, in comparison to similar equipment, Copperloy dock ramps are much safer, more likely to bolster efficiency, and more capable of resisting the tremendous workload of a typical warehouse workday. They also experience less wear in tear compared to other competing products, providing much more longevity. The Copperloy yard ramp design leads the industry in strength, safety, and efficiency. Furthermore, each yard ramp has a myriad of features that are invaluable for a loading dock operation.
Features of the Copperloy Yard Ramp
Copperloy manufactures their yard ramps with advantageous features, which increase overall productivity:
- 8-Foot Level Off: This feature is a staple of yard ramps. The 8-foot level off gives forklifts incredibly easy access onto loading docks, platforms, and trucks. This feature is especially useful for mobile ramps.
- Hydraulic Pump Location: Almost all aspects of the Copperloy design makes for a simpler, safer process. However, the hydraulic hand pump stands out as especially useful. Compared to other mobile ramps, this single-acting hydraulic hand pump needs only half of the effort necessary for other yard ramps. The location of the pump protects it from dirt and damage, simplifying the maintenance process.
- Low-End Plate and Safety Curb: Many other ramps can make forklift access a pain. The Copperloy yard ramp, however, has an end plate that is shorter than a fork lift truck’s wheelbase. This allows for a fork lift’s front wheels to reach the grating while the back wheels are still on the ground. There is also a 7-inch safety curb to prevent runoff, which is standard in all Copperloy ramps. With Copperloy ramps, the fork lift can travel smoothly on and off without any large bumps along the way.
- Solid/Pneumatic Tires: Copperloy ramps also improve upon tires. Many other ramps in the industry utilize air-filled ties, which require virtually constant maintenance. Copperloy yard ramps, however, employ solid/pneumatic tried with lubricated bearings, eliminating the need for constant maintenance and refilling. Coupled with their lubricated bearings, these tires are reliable and are maintenance-free. Copperloy is the top US ramp manufacturer from whom you can purchase a yard ramp or yard ramp for sale.
Other Advantages of Copperloy Yard Ramp Products
Copperloy designs their yard ramps to maximize space, efficiency, and safety. Their focus on product quality has resulted in the development of some of the best yard ramps in the United States. The following is a list of some of the other advantages Copperloy ramps provide:
- Easier operation – Due to the implementation of the exterior hand pump and forklift access features, Copperloy yard ramps offer much easier operation.
- Faster raise times – Raising speed of Copperloy ramps is two-and-a-half times faster than other yard ramp equipment.
- Less wear and tear – Unlike competing ramps, rotation is focused on the positioning sleeve rather than the ramp connection, which mitigates overall wear and tear.
- Greater stability – Copperloy’s yard ramps include a centrally-located cylinder, which reduces the probability of tipping.
These are only a few of the advantages that a Copperloy yard ramp can provide. Any company looking to vastly improve its efficiency at the loading dock should consider Copperloy’s ramps and other loading dock products. View yard ramp news on PRweb. Copperloy home of the Ultimate Yard Ramp!
Copperloy offers portable yard ramps, which are capable of transforming empty spaces into freight-loading centers. Copperloy’s product offers a versatility that allows for the expansion of dock capacity and the creation of loading operations without a preexisting loading dock. These portable yard ramps provide ground-level access to buildings, trucks, and even rail cars.
Facilities in need of an upgrade for their yard ramps should consider Copperloy products. Learn more about Copperloy by visiting their website. Copperloy is the home of the Ultimate Yard Ramp!